Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Can I get extra tip!"


So this is a classic incident of a dude trying to be a "pimp" or player in front of his lady friends. So I'm going to name this guy "Bud." Bud is a short, stumpy, pretty muscular sterioded-out looking guy wearing fake "ed-hardly" long sleeve and jeans, who walks in with another guy, I'm guessing his homeboy, and

two other ladies. Cute Ladies to be more descriptive. They have a seat at the bar and Bud begins to order drinks for the his entourage. "2 Patron Cadillac Margarita's, a Patron shot and a Don Julio and cranberry," he says. I the bartender proceeds to make his order. I just want to point out that the margarita's come in tall glasses and the Don Julio and cranberry come in short glasses.

So I proceed to making the drinks and put them in front of him. He looks at his drink, the Don Julio and cranberry, and gives me a look like I messed up on his drink. With a condescending look he says sternly, "Put this in a tall glass." Transalation into bartender's perspective (if you've been keeping up with these blogs) pour the drink into a taller glass and add more juice because you pay per shot. He tastes the drink and with a dissappointing look he says with a little feminine attitude in his voice, "Can I get more alcohol?" It was the beginning of my shift, I had forgot to mention. I told myself I would just let it go, so I did. I gave him more alcohol thinking to myself, "I know this muscle-head won't even tip me extra." Like I said it was the beginning of my shift.

"45 dollars," I told him. Again with a weird retarded-like look he says, "Well let me get another Don Julio and Cranberry, tall." I make it and say, "55 dollars please." Let me break down the math for you, at my bar we charge $13 for a Patron Cadillac, $10 for a shot of Don Julio and $9 for a Patron shot. If you like drinking the good shit, don't expect it to be cheap or get more than a shot, you'd better have money to pay for it. So he pulls out a wad of money and puts a 50 dollar bill, a 5 dollar bill and 3 ones on the bartop. I grab his pile of money and as I'm counting the amount and putting it into my til I say, "Wow," like I knew this would happen and that this guy is like I thought he was, a muscle-head!

My barback turns around to me and asks me why I say wow and I tell him the story, and he says loudly, "Wow," and we both just start laughing at the dude. Bud looks at us and says, "What's up?" my barback replies, "Can we get more tip," jokingly of course. Bud in his defense says,"I just gave you all that money."

Let me break down the math one more time: a $3 tip for a tab total of $55 is a 5% percent tip. This is clearly a tip only given to service people who give you bad service, or if you are foreigners, or if you don't know better....wait I think Bud falls into the last category...no, he's just a stupid dick. He didn't even follow the $1 per drink rule either. If he had followed that rule I would have made at least $5. The only reason why I was a tad upset was because I gave him a little more Don Julio and let him push me to do that. Like I said, it was the beginning of the night, I'm a little more easy-going.

Funny part was the girls he was with knew better and as they were leaving they gave me an extra $10. I stopped them from leaving and made a shot for the two girls, myself and my barback right in front of poor ol Bud who was left out. Made him look like a cheap lonely loser! HAHAHA...

No comments:

Post a Comment