Friday, February 13, 2009

"Yo, you hit like a BITCH!"

It was closing time and people were starting to clear out the bar when I hear some words being exchanged right in front of my well. I looked over and see my bar-back (a person working behind the bar whose sole purpose is to assist the bartender and who DOESN'T MAKE DRINKS!) being held back by some patrons that I had served. From the look on my bar-back's face he seemed as if he was really upset about something. I looked over and seen this customer with another upset look on his face. I'm thinking something went down and they got into an argument so I hop from behind the bar to see what was going down.

Apparently my bar-back had accidentally bumped this customer when he was doing his rounds picking up glassware and almost spilled his drink. Understand this folks, if my bar-back would have accidentally bumped this guys drink, causing it to spill, he would have first; apologized politely, second; clean the mess up; and lastly offer to get a new drink.

Of course any cool, understanding person would have accepted the apology and the new drink, but this particular "bonehead" of a customer decided to start mouthing off and proceeded to act like a total dick! A person can only take so much and be so nice. My bar-back after apologizing politely, reminded the bonehead, "I work here bro! And there would be no hassle getting you a new drink." This was the interesting part, after my bar-back said that the bonehead's dumb friend goes and sucker punches my bar-back in the head!

Wow! For real!

My bar-back gets knocked back and firmly says, "Yo, you hit like a BITCH!" Without returning any blows my bar-back calmly eases his temper and steps away from the guy. And that's where I came in with back-up security. I told my bar-back to leave the scene and get some air. Come to find out these 3 guys were from out of town and starting a fight with an employee who works at a neighborhood bar. C'mon, the regulars that patronize there would have stomped these guys out. Another stupid fight avoided. Folks don't be dumb at the bar because you really don't know what you can get yourselves into.

No comments:

Post a Comment