Monday, February 16, 2009

"I don't wash my hair for 3 weeks cause I want it to feel greasy..."

So this shift was the most funniest starting-of-the-shift experience to date.  I started off doing the shift-change (when bartenders relieve fellow bartenders) by switching out the till (cash register) and I see this behemoth of a man with an oversized blazer start yelling at my barback.  

The guy says, "Why did you kick me out?!  You see this ring, its worth more than you and this bar!  I can buy whatever I want cause I got money like that!  Next time I come in you better now be here!  You see this jacket, I know its oversized and doesn't fit me right but I bought it just cause I like the buttons!  And my hair,  its straight and slick.  I don't wash my hair for 3 weeks cause I want it to feel greasy!  I don't want you be here next time I come in!"

Let me break it down to you folks on how this character looked like: straight greasy hair, rings with diamonds encrusted on every finger of his right hand (looked all fake), white linen pants, crusty white sneakers and an oversized black blazer.  The guy looked like he was going through some stuff.  I couldn't help but to laugh!  I thought he was going to be a problem but after hearing those comments I thought, he's crazy.  My cool barback just kept answering him as he was ranting, "I'll be here the next time you come in."  Wow what a way to start the shift off.
And the funny thing was that all the 7 people that were at the bar looked at each other like, wow that dude was crazy and busted out laughing.  I love my job behind the bar with characters like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment